TIMMY RICHARDO, M.Sc.
FACULTY OF BIOMEDICINE
Timmy Richardo, M.Sc. was awarded scholarships from Otsuka Toshimi Foundation and Hashiya Foundation Scholarship to continue his master degree in Japan. During his master degree, he has conducted an experiment related to Epstein Barr Virus (EBV) infection to gastric epithelial cells. The ability he has obtained from master degree is the broad range of cloning method, RNA and protein studies including western blot, flow cytometry and also the usage of genetic engineering such as the CRISPR/CAS9 method in manipulating the gene of interest. He also enriches his skills by attending the national and international seminars.
He has granted a Full Scholarship from UCSI Foundation Scholarship to pursue his bachelor degree at UCSI University. During his final year, he has conducted an experiment to develop a peanut allergen and won the poster presentation in the 25th Malaysian intervarsity molecular biology and biochemistry seminar in Malaysia. Towards the end of his bachelor degree, Timmy did an internship at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Department of Microbiology, National University of Singapore.
He is particularly interested in molecular biology, especially in the infectious diseases stream.
- Kanehiro Y, Richardo T, Kim H, Iizasa H, Yoshiyama H. EBV infection induces APOBEC3-dependent mitochondrial DNA mutation in epithelial cells. 17th International Symposium on EBV. University of Zürich (University Tower), Zürich, Switzerland, 2016.
- Yoshiyama H, Iizasa H, Richardo T, Kanehiro Y, Kim H. Bacterial coinfection augments Epstein-Barr virus infection of epithelial cells. “Nasopharyngeal carcinoma” Gordon Research Conference. The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 2016.
- Timmy Richardo, Hisashi Iizasa, Yuichi Kanehiro, Hironori Yoshiyama EBV Infection associated with genomic instability. The 12th EBV Virus Meeting. Big Heart Izumo（Shimane,(2015)
- Hisashi Iizasa, Timmy Richardo, Yuichi Kanehiro, Hyoji Kim, Notsu Misaki, Mizote Asako, Hironori Yoshiyama . H.Pylori promote the growth of EB virus-infected gastric carcinoma. The 68th Japanese Bacteriology Society General Meeting- Chugoku and Shikoku. Okayama University (Okayama), (2015).
- Hyoji Kim, Hisashi Iizasa, Yuichi Kanehiro, Timmy Richardo, Hironori Yoshiyama Evaluation of genomic instability of cells infected with Epstein-Barr virus. The 63th Japanese Virology Meeting. Fukuoka Conference Center（Fukuoka）(2015).
- Timmy Richardo, Renee Lim Lay Hong. Cloning and Expression of Truncated Peanut Allergen Ara H 2.02. 5th Protein Expression and Purification Workshop. Chulalongkorn University (Thailand). 2014
- Timmy Richardo, Lew Min Han, Renee Lim Lay Hong. Cloning and Expression of truncated Ara h 2.02 Peanut Allergen. The 25th Intervarsity Biochemistry Seminar, Malaysian Molecular Society for Biology Science and Biochemistry (MSBMB). University Kebangsaan Malaysia (Malaysia). 2014
Iizasa H, Ishihara S, Richardo T, Kanehiro Y, Yoshiyama H. Dysbiotic infection in the stomach. World J. Gastroenterol. 21 (40): 11450-11457 (2015).