RICHARD SUTEJO, Ph.D.
HEAD OF BIOMEDICINE
Richard Sutejo, Ph.D. is an Indonesian national. He won the NTU PhD Scholarship program in 2006 and received his Doctorate in Biological Sciences from the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2011.
Prior to pursuing his doctorate, Dr. Richard Sutejo taught Food Microbiology, Food Biochemistry and Food Processing Microbiology courses at the University of Pelita Harapan, Indonesia. While pursuing his Ph. D, Dr. Richard Sutejo worked as a Research Staff at Defense Medical and Environmental Research Institute (DMERI) of Defense Science Organization (DSO) National Laboratories in Singapore. Upon completion of his doctorate he joined the Department of Physiology of National University of Singapore as a Research Fellow.
With such research background, Dr. Richard Sutejo has garnered 5 international scientific journal publications under his name plus 1 pending and another in preparation.
My main interest is host-pathogen interactions in the field of but not limited to virology/microbiology. The understanding of how the human body is able to regulate defense mechanisms against invading microorganisms is the key information required to strategize new therapeutic strategies. i3L is the only institute in Indonesia which houses state-of-the-art research facilities to conduct such researches. Currently, i3L provides research platforms on four key infectious diseases: Malaria, HIV, Dengue and Tuberculosis.
- Yeast Isolation and Characterization of Ability to Inhibit Pathogenic Bacteria
- Host of circulating H9N2 influenza A virus circulating in Singapore
- Characterization of H1N1/2009 influenza A virus outbreak in Singapore
- Host-interaction Profiling of Respiratory Syncytial Virus
- Host-interaction Profiling of Poxviruses (Cowpox, Ectromellia and Vaccinia virus)
- Membrane Rearrangement in Dengue virus infected cells
- Sutejo R, Lim TK, Cheong WF, Wenk MA, Lin QS, Deng Y, Crystalloid ER Formation in UT-1 cells protects the cells from Starvation (submitted to FASEB journal)
- Ravi LI, Li L, Wong PS, Sutejo R, Tan BH, Sugrue RJ., Lovastatin treatment mitigates the pro-inflammatory cytokine response in respiratory syncytial virus infected macrophage cells, Antiviral Res. 2013 Mar 22.
- Ravi LI, Li L, Sutejo R, Chen H, Wong PS, Tan BH and Sugrue RJ, A systems-based approach to analyse the host response in murine lung macrophages challenged with respiratory syncytial virus, BMC Genomics 2013, 14:190
- Sutejo R, Yeo DS, Myaing MZ, Hui C, Xia J, Ko D, Cheung PC, Tan BH, Sugrue RJ., Activation of type I and III interferon signalling pathways occurs in lung epithelial cells infected with low pathogenic avian influenza viruses. PLoS One. 2012;7(3):e33732
- Yeo, DS, Chan R, Brown G, Ying L, Sutejo R, Aitken J, Tan BH, Wenk MR, Sugrue RJ., Evidence that selective changes in the lipid composition of raft-membranes occur during respiratory syncytial virus infection., Virology. 2009 Mar 30;386(1):168-82.
- Sugrue RJ, Tan BH, Yeo DS, Sutejo R, Antiviral drugs for the control of pandemic influenza virus, Ann Acad Med Singapore. 2008 Jun;37(6):518-24.