FACULTY OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
Katherine, Ph.D. was born in Medan, Indonesia. She received her Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering at Universitas Katolik Parahyangan, Indonesia in 2007. She obtained NTU PhD Research Scholarship award in 2008 and received her Doctoral degree in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore in 2013. During her PhD program, she worked with nanoparticles for inhaled drug delivery. Her current research interests includes nanoparticles production from biomass and application of nanoparticles in various aspects of life.
RESEARCHES AND PROJECTS
- Institute of Atomic and Molecular Science, Academia Sinica, supervised by Dr. Jung Chi Liao; researched on RPGRIP1L role in transition zone formation in primary cilia.
- Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Research Group Reproduction and Genetic, promoted by Prof. Dr. Claudia Spits; researched on “DNA Damage in hESC Cultured on Feeder-free Condition: The Impact of Cell Density”
- Institut Teknologi Bandung, Department of Microbiology, Aquaculture Research Group, promoted by Dr. Gede Suantika; Researched on “Identification and Optimization of Indigenous Probiotic Bacteria Against Vibrio Harveyi Isolated from Hatchery of Litopenaeus vannamei Culture in Situbondo, East Java.”
- Received the Program Hibah Strategis Nasional DIPA ITB Research Grant
– Effect of Pretreatment Saccharomyces cereviceae and Temperature Encapsulation in Encapsulation of Wild Ginger Extract with Saccharomyces cereviceae, 2015
– Characterization of Kokristal Kurkumin – Dextrose and Curcumin – Sucrose, 2016
- Rueyhung RW, Huang CE, Ivanna, Liao JC (2015) TCTN2 Stabilizes the Transition Zone and Maintain the Homeostasis of Primary Cilia. Poster presentation at International Symposium on Frontiers in Bioimaging, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Suantika G, Aditiawaty P, Astuti DI, Anggraeni J, Khoirunnas RF, Riandita A, Ivanna, Marcelia (2010) Identification and Optimization of Indigenous Probiotic Bacteria against Vibriosis Syndrome Isolated from Litopenaneus vannamei Hatchery in Situbondo, East Java, Indonesia. Orally presented at the 3rd International Conference on Mathematic and Natural Science, Bandung, Indonesia.