IHSAN TRIA PRAMANDA, M.S.
FACULTY OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
Ihsan Tria Pramanda, M.S. was born in Bukittinggi, West Sumatera. He completed his Bachelor degree in Microbiology at Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB), Indonesia in 2010. After a brief stint as a high school teacher in Serpong, Banten, he continued his study at Northwestern University, USA, in 2014 under the full scholarship from Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education (LPDP). He graduated in 2016 with a Masters of Science degree in Biotechnology and a Certificate in Sustainability and Global Health Biotechnologies (SGHB).
He has worked in various topics spanning microbiology and biotechnology, both in academia and industry. For his masters’ thesis, he developed Microbial Electrochemical Cells (MECs) to convert organic waste to hydrogen peroxide using indigenous microbial community from a wastewater treatment plant. As part of his SGHB Certificate, he also completed an immersion internship at the University of Cape Town (UCT), South Africa, performing techno-economic analysis of 1,4-butanediol production from sugarcane molasses. Before joining i3L, he interned at the Biological Products Division of PT Medion Farma Jaya (Padalarang, West Java) to help initiate their protein molecular biology capabilities in detecting poultry pathogens. Primarily, his passion lies in the intersection of biotechnology and sustainability. He aims to pursue the field of microbial synthetic biology, especially for industrial and environmental applications.
Since 2009, he has also been active in Tim Olimpiade Biologi Indonesia (TOBI), coaching and selecting high school students to become Indonesia’s representatives at the annual International Biology Olympiad (IBO). He serves regularly as a Jury Member for the National Science Olympiad (OSN) in Biology and recently been appointed as a member of Indonesian delegation for IBO 2018 in Tehran, Iran.
- Griffin, J., Taw, E., Gosavi, A., Thornburg, N., Pramanda, I.T., Lee, H.S., Gray, K., Notestein, J., & Wells, G. Hybrid Approach for Selective Sulfoxidation via Bioelectrochemically-derived Hydrogen Peroxide over a Niobium(V)–Silica Catalyst (2018). ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 6(6): 7880-7889.
- Pramanda, I.T., Aryantha, I.N.P., & Anggoro, B. Effects of Magnetic Field Induction in Growth of Oyster Mushroom (Pleurotus ostreatus). Poster Presentation. International Seminar on Sciences, Bogor Agricultural University (2013).
- TOBI. Biologi: Konsep dan Skill Laboratorium, edisi ke-1. Bandung: TOBI (2011).
- TOBI. Biologi: Ringkasan Materi Olimpiade Biologi Internasional, edisi ke-6. Bandung: Penerbit ITB (2017).
- TOBI. Biologi: Seleksi Olimpiade Sains Nasional, Latihan Soal & Pembahasan, edisi ke-6. Bandung: Penerbit ITB (2019).