ANTON SUMARPO, M.D.,Ph.D.
FACULTY OF BIOMEDICINE
dr. Anton Sumarpo, Ph.D. earned his medical degree from School of Medicine, Universitas Pelita Harapan where he developed an enormous enthusiasm in medical research. While pursuing his Master’s degree in University of Pécs, Hungary, he accepted a transfer offer to Ph.D. program in Tohoku University, supported by the grant from Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS). During his doctoral training, he developed an interest in the molecular mechanism of carcinogenesis and cancer chemoresistance towards various cancer cells. In addition, he is passionate in inducing the interest for science and research to younger generations by becoming a staff member of Exploring Germination and Growth for Young Scientist (EGGS) Program, supported by Tohoku University.
Dr. Anton strives to implement his research and teaching experiences to i3L biomedicine students and support them to become top-notch global scientists.
He has been an active member of American Association of Cancer Research since 2016.
- Theardy MS, Rosellinny G, Hendra Y, Nathalia E, Sumarpo A. Therapeutic implications of docosahexaenoic acid towards Alzheimer’s disease: a systematic review. The 2nd International Conference on Global Health. Universitas Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia, 2017.
- Sumarpo A, Saiki Y, Wang RB, Chen N, Sunamura M, Ishizawa K, Horri A. ABCB1 Upregulation is responsible for acquisition of taxane resistance in esophageal cancer: both genetic and epigenetic mechanisms play crucial roles. The 2017 Japan-NIH joint Symposium. Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
- Sumarpo A, Saiki Y, Wang RB, Chen N, Sunamura M, Horii A. (2017). Gene amplification and epigenetic mechanisms contribute to increased ABCB1 expression in taxane-resistant esophageal cancer cells. Annual Student Conference of Tohoku University.
- Wang, R., Sumarpo, A., Saiki, Y., Chen, N., Sunamura, M., Horii, A. (2016). ABCB1 is upregulated in acquisition of taxane resistance: lessons from esophageal squamous cell carcinoma cell lines. Tohoku J Exp Med., 240, 295-301.
- Sumarpo A, Saiki Y, Wang RB, Chen N, Sunamura M, Ishizawa K, Horii A. (2016). Expressional analysis and elucidation of control mechanisms of ABCB1 in acquired taxane-resistant esophageal cancer cell lines. Annual Student Conference of Tohoku University.