AGUS BUDIAWAN NARO PUTRA, M.Agr., Ph.D.
FACULTY OF FOOD SCIENCE
Dr. Agus Naro completed his bachelor degree from Gadjah Mada University, Indonesia, in 2010. He was awarded a special fully-funded program “Asia, Africa, and Pacific Rim (AAP) Program – Ehime University Scholarship” to pursue his graduate studies at Ehime University, Japan. He finished his Master’s and Doctoral studies in 2012 and 2015, respectively. During his study at Ehime University, he focused his research on functional foods development, especially immunostimulatory activity of collagen and collagen-derived substances from jellyfish.
Dr. Agus Naro is very passionate in exploring and investigating the active substances not only from Indonesia’s natural and indigenous foods but also the heritage of Indonesia’s culinary.
“I am particularly interested in investigating the potentials of bioactive substances/compounds from any foods by using molecular biology techniques and animal cell technology for the promotion of human health, such as immunostimulatory, anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, anti-obesity effects, etc.”
- Putra, A. B. N., Morishige, H., Nishimoto, S., Nishi, K., Shiraishi, R., Doi, M., & Sugahara, T. (2012). Effect of collagens from jellyfish and bovine Achilles tendon on the activity of J774.1 and mouse peritoneal macrophage cells. Journal of Functional Foods, 4(2), 504-512.
- Putra, A. B. N., Nishi, K., Shiraishi, R., Doi, M., & Sugahara, T. (2014). Jellyfish collagen stimulates production of TNF-α and IL-6 by J774.1 cells through activation of NF-κB and JNK via TLR4 signaling pathway. Molecular immunology, 58(1), 32-37.
- Kumalasari, I. D., Nishi, K., Putra, A. B. N., & Sugahara, T. (2014). Activation of macrophages stimulated by the bengkoang fiber extract through toll-like receptor 4. Food & function, 5(7), 1403-1408.
- Putra, A. B. N., Nishi, K., Shiraishi, R., Doi, M., & Sugahara, T. (2015). Jellyfish collagen stimulates maturation of mouse bone marrow-derived dendritic cells. Journal of Functional Foods, 14, 308-317.
- Wijanarti, S., Putra, A. B. N., Nishi, K., Harmayani, E., & Sugahara, T. (2015). Immunostimulatory activity of snake fruit peel extract on murine macrophage-like J774.1 cells. Cytotechnology, 1-9.
- Rueyhung RW, Huang CE, Ivanna, Liao JC (2015) TCTN2 Stabilizes the Transition Zone and Maintain the Homeostasis of Primary Cilia. Poster presentation at International Symposium on Frontiers in Bioimaging, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Suantika G, Aditiawaty P, Astuti DI, Anggraeni J, Khoirunnas RF, Riandita A, Ivanna, Marcelia (2010) Identification and Optimization of Indigenous Probiotic Bacteria against Vibriosis Syndrome Isolated from Litopenaneus vannamei Hatchery in Situbondo, East Java, Indonesia. Orally presented at the 3rd International Conference on Mathematic and Natural Science, Bandung, Indonesia.